IMPORTANT: How to install and activate ESET Mobile Security
Description: This article will explain how to install ESET Mobile Security on your Android phone or tablet.
- Purchase ESET Mobile Security at your local Micro Center store. Once opened, follow the instructions listed.
- Before downloading, you will need to enable installs from Unknown Sources. Without this, the install may fail and not continue. Go to Settings > Applications and checkmark the option for installation of non-market applications..
- You have two options to download and install. Take a picture of the QR in the packaging to download the installer - you will need a QR program to do this; QR Droid is a recommended application for this. You could also go to the link provided in the packaging via your device's browser.
- Once downloaded, you will need to locate the ems.apk file on your device. Use the preinstalled
File Manager to locate the downloaded file. If you do not have a file manager, Astro is a recommended application for this.
- After locating and running the installation, you will be prompted to activate using the activation key. This key is located in the packaging and is hidden by a scratch-away surface. Use a coin to scratch away the surface to show the key. Enter the key into the activation key box on your device and click
- You have now successfully activated your ESET mobile security suite on your Android device!