INFO: What is the difference between Windows RT and Windows 8?
Description: This technical article describes the difference between Windows RT and Windows 8.
- Windows RT is a variation of the Windows Operating System that has been created to run with tablets and light PCs that are designed to be on the go. Windows RT has many of same great features of Windows 8 but there are some key differences.
- Features that are NOT in Windows RT but are in Windows 8 are:
- Windows Media Player
- You can only install devices that are certified to work with Windows RT
- Windows Media Center
- Home Group Creation
- The ability to join a Domain
- The ability to use Remote Desktop to connect to Windows RT machine
- You cannot use software that was designed for previous versions of Windows
- For more information about the differences please check out Microsoft's page at: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/compare
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.