HOW TO: Download an App from the App Store using iOS 5
Description: This technical article will show how to download an App from the App Store using iOS 5.
- The first step is to make sure that your Apple device is connected to iTunes. If needed here is a guide to do that: How to connect an iPad to an iTunes account with iOS 5.
- Next tap on the App Store icon.
- The App Store is where you can find over 270,000 apps that will work with iOS 5. The icons at the top of the screen can help you navigate through New Releases or by Release Date. The search bar at the top right is the best way to search for an app that you know the name of. Touching any of the icons at the bottom will allow you to switch between the currently Featured Apps, Apple's Genius which will help you find Apps tailored to you, the Top of various Charts, the various categories of apps, your previous purchases and finally any updates to your currently installed apps.
- To install an App first touch the Apps icon. You will then get a pop up featuring that app. It will say Install if the app is currently free. It will say the price if there is a fee to buy the app. Touch Install or the price to install the app.
- The app's icon will now show up on your home screen. It may take a few minutes to download and install depending on the size of the app.
- Once the blue progress bar is finished the app is downloaded and able to be used.