IMPORTANT: How to activate an iPad with iOS 6 for the first time
Description: This technical article will show how to activate an IPad with iOS 6 for the first time.
- Swipe the bottom bar to start your iPad configuration.
- Choose Language. English is the default, but you can choose your preferred language, then tap the right arrow.
- Choose Country or Region. Select the country that you are in. United States is the default. Tap
- Enable Location Services. This allows the iPad to pinpoint where you are using your internet or wireless connection. It allows apps like Google Maps or anti-theft apps to work properly. Tap
- Choose a Wireless Network. Choose the wireless network you wish to use. If you do not have one you can plug the iPad into ITunes on your computer to finish the setup, then tap
- Set up as New or Restore from Backup. If this is a new iPad choose
set up as new iPad, otherwise you can restore the iPad from a previous backup. Tap
- Enter Apple ID. If you are new to Apple products you will need to create a new Apple ID. Otherwise you can select to setup the iPad by signing in or skipping this step.
- Terms and Conditions. Read, then agree by tapping
Agree at the bottom.
- iCloud Setup. Enable iCloud if you wish to use iCloud to save and backup your files, then tap
- Choose Backup. Choose whether to backup via iCloud or to your computer, then tap
- Use Find My iPad. This is a tool that will help if your iPad is ever lost or stolen. Tap
- Send Diagnostics. Choose whether to send diagnostic reports to Apple. Tap
- Select Start Using iPad and you are all set.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.