How to download and install Microsoft Direct X
Description: This article will show you where and how to download the newest version of Microsoft's Direct X software.
- Click on the Internet Explorer icon to open the internet.
- When the browser opens go to www.microsoft.com.
- In the search bar on the right type is Direct X. Press enter to start the search.
- At the search results page select the first choice Download Direct X updates.
- Click on Download.
- Click Run on the pop up.
- Accept the agreement and click Next.
- Uncheck Install the Bing Bar if not wanted and click Next to continue.
- Next you will see the following screen.
The software is now analyzing the file versions of Direct X that are currently installed on your system. Comparing them to the most current Direct X files.
- Next you will see the system download the newer Direct X components.
- The next step will see the newer components being installed onto your system.
- Finally, once completed click on Finish.
- You now have the most current version of Direct X installed on your system.