HOW TO: Create a Microsoft Account for Windows 8
Description: How to create a Microsoft Account and how to input it in Windows 8.
- Navigate to http://login.live.com. Click
Sign up now.
- Fill out all requested information.
- Once submitted, an activation email will be sent to the email provided, click the
- Once verified, the account can now be used to login to Windows 8. To do this: Access the
Charms Bar by moving the cursor into the top right corner. Click
- Click Change PC Settings.
- In the Users tab, click Connect to a Microsoft Account.
- Select the settings desired to link with the Microsoft account, and then click
- Enter the Email used to register the Microsoft Account. Click
- Enter the Password associated with your Microsoft Account. Click
- Enter any additional security information Windows asks for. Click
- Click Finish. The computer is now associated with the specified Microsoft Account.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.