How to view a WinBook DVR remotely without port forwarding
Description: This guide will show you how to set the WinBook DVR up to be viewed over the internet without forwarding ports on your router.
- Make sure the WinBook DVR is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable.
- Right click and select Main Menu.
- Log in to the DVR. The default username is Admin and the password is left blank.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Network.
- Set type to DHCP.
- Click UPNP.
- Enable UPNP and click OK.
- Right click and go to Main Menu, Advanced, AutoMaintain.
- Click Reboot.
- In the Address bar at the top, type the Internet IP address on Web port 8080 in the address bar and press Enter. Example: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080
- Log into the DVR Using the default information, username: admin, password is to be left blank. The live stream of the surveillance system can then be viewed.