HOW TO: Install and activate ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 from a CD
The information in this article refers to a previous version of ESET. It is recommended that you run the most current version of ESET. Please see our tech article How to update your ESET Program to the Latest Version for assistance with updating your program. The information in the article below is provided as a convenience to those who may still have questions about the older version of the program.
Description: If you are installing ESET for the first time on your new PC, the following steps will show you how to install the software onto your system. Remember if you have an antivirus trial such as Norton, McAfee, or Trend Micro, you will need to uninstall it before attempting to install ESET.
- Insert the CD included in your boxed retail product into your computer. If the installation does not begin automatically, click Start > Computer and double-click the ESET disc icon .
- Click Install on the Launch Screen.
- The ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup window will open. Click Next to continue.
- Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
- In the Installation Mode window, select Typical (recommended best settings) and click Next.
- In the ESET Live Grid window select I agree to participate in ESET Live Grid (recommended) and click Next.
- In the Detection of potentially unwanted applications window, select your preferred option and click Next.
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install to continue.
- In the Completing the ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup Wizard window, click Finish.
- In the Product Activation Type window, select Activate using an Activation Key (recommended) and click Next to continue.
- In the Activate using an Activation Key window, fill out all of the required fields. When you are finished, click Next to continue.
- If you enter the activation key correctly, your ESET security product will automatically download the latest virus signature database. Installation is complete.