HOW TO: Set up email on your Google Nexus 7 tablet
Description: This article describes how to configure email on your Google Nexus 7 tablet.
- Touch the App Viewer icon while at one of the home screens.
- Tap on the Email icon.
- The Account setup wizard will launch. In the Email address textbox, enter your full e-mail address. Similarly, enter your email password (paying special attention to special characters and case) in the Password textbox. Finally, tap the Next button.
- Select the account tap by tapping on one of the three options: POP3, IMAP or Exchange. Typically, your e-mail (i.e. Yahoo, Gmail etc.) will use the POP3 protocol. If you don't know which mail protocol to use, select POP3.
- Tap Next to confirm your Incoming Server Settings. NOTE: Depending on your e-mail service provider, you may need to enter a POP3 server and Security type. This information is provided by your email service provider; an internet search for the provider and "mail settings" or "server settings" will help you find this information. For example, a search for "Gmail server settings" yields the following result: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287
- Tap Next to confirm your Outgoing server settings. Enter an Account Name and Tap Done.
At this point, your e-mail messages will begin downloading and the email configuration is complete.