How to turn off Virtual Memory (Paging File) in Windows 7
Description: How to turn off virtual memory in Windows 7 for SSD's.
- Click the Start button and then right click on
Computer and select Properties.
- In the properties menu, click Advanced System Properties on the left side.
- From the Advanced tab, click Settings under the
- From the Advanced tab click Change under the
Virtual memory heading.
- Uncheck the "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" box.
- With the drive to disable virtual memory selected in the box, select
No paging file.
- Select OK for the menus that are open.
- Select Restart Now to apply the changes and disable virtual memory.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.