How to enable or disable Automatic Driver Installation for Windows 8
Description: How to enable or disable the automatic driver installation feature in Windows 8 for newly added hardware.
- Right-click on Computer and then click on Properties.
- Click on Advanced system settings.
- When System Properties opens, click on the Hardware tab.
- Once in the Hardware tab, click on Device Installation Settings.
- Once the Device Installation Settings window has appeared, click on the radio button next to No, let me choose what to do.
- Once No has been selected, there will be three new options that appear below the previously selected choice. Click on Never install driver software from Windows Update. The check-marked box next to Automatically get the device app and info provided by your device manufacturer can be left checked.
- Once all the changes have been made, click on Save Changes to save all the settings changed on that screen and then the screen will close.
- Once back to the System Properties window, Click OK to save changes and close out of System Properties.