How to set up Port Forwarding on a DVR System through a newer Tenda Router (W268R)
Description: This will setup port forwarding for your DVR system through the new firmware of a Tenda W268R router on a MacBook Pro.
- Plug in the Tenda W268R to the computer via an Ethernet cord.
- Open your Web Browser.
- In the address bar type in 192.168.0.1 and hit the
return/Enter key on your keyboard. Then click on the
Advanced Settings hyperlink.
- Click on the Virtual Server tab.
- In the first Start port-End port box type in
80 for the first one, 34567 for the second one and
34599 for the third one. Where it says LAN IP, you will need to get the
IP address of your DVR and put the last digits of that IP here. Press
Ok and you are all set!
**To find the IP address of your DVR, continue onto Step 6.**
- In order to find your DVR's IP address, right-click on the DVR and choose
- Then select Advanced and then Network.
- Where it says IP Address make sure to write down the last set of digits. These are what you will type into the LAN IP from Step 5.