How to choose or change the Network Type in Windows 8
Description: This article will show you how to change the classification and type of network you are connected to. In previous versions of Windows this was called Home, Work or Public.
- Double click on the network icon in the taskbar in the lower right hand corner.
- When the Networks sidebar comes up, right-click on the network.
- A window will prompt you to Turn sharing on or off.
- Click on Turn Sharing On or Off .
- Here you can select your sharing options and network type.