How to import the Address Book Data using Mac OS X 10.5 or Later
Description: This article will assist you in importing you Address book from the older Mac to the new Mac. These steps will work on the Mac OS X 10.5 or newer versions.
- First copy the Address book back up from the older Mac to the new Mac.
- Locate the Address Book icon on the Dock and click to open.
- After the Address Book is open, click the tab on top that says File.
- Clicking on the line that says IMPORT will be the next step.
- This will open the window used to select the Address Book Archive. This should be on the drive in the Documents folder or on the desktop.
- Highlight the Address Book File and then click OPEN, the next dialogue will ask to confirm the replacement.
- The Address Book should now have the information stored in it from the other Mac. Remember this works on Mac 10.5 or newer.