How to reset the Winsock Catalog using the command prompt
Description: This article will guide you through the process of resetting the Windows Socket Configuration settings. The windows socket configuration can be corrupted by a malware infection, installing network software or drivers, and sometimes even security software. The error message "Page cannot be displayed" is a common error from this issue.
- Start this option by opening an elevated Command prompt.
- Click on the Start orb in the left corner.
- Click on All Programs then move to Accessories.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and then left click on
Run as Administrator.
- This action will then open a Command prompt window with administrator rights.
- Type the command "netsh winsock reset" (without the quotes), then press the
enter key to run this command.
- After running the command it will say it successfully reset the Winsock Catalog and please restart the computer.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.