How to format a Drive using a Mac
Description: This article shows how to format a drive in Mac OS X.
- Insert the drive you want to format.
- The device will show up on the desktop.
- Click on Finder on the dock.
- Open the Applications folder.
- Open the Utilities folder.
- Open the Disk Utility tool.
- Click on the drive you want to format.
- Select the format you want to use for the drive. If you want to use the drive on both a Mac and a Windows computer select the MS-DOS format.
- Once you have selected a format click Erase.
- Confirm you want to erase the drive and make it into a new format.
- That's it! The drive will now be in the new format selected.