How to do an OS Refresh in Windows 8
Description: This article will show you how to do a system refresh in Windows 8. A system refresh will refresh the operating system but will not affect your photos, music, videos or other personal files.
- On the Modern User Interface navigate to the lower right hand corner to activate the
hotspot to open the side menu.
- When the menu opens, click on the Settings icon.
- When the Settings menu appears click on More PC settings
- On the PC settings screen click on General
- Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files click on
- The PC will reset and when it comes back up Windows will be completely refreshed. Your personal data files such as music, photos and videos will be unaffected.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.