How to do an OS Refresh in Windows 8
Description: This article will show you how to do a system refresh in Windows 8. A system refresh will refresh the operating system but will not affect your photos, music, videos or other personal files that are stored in the typical default locations.
- On the Windows Desktop navigate to the lower right hand corner to activate the hotspot to open the side menu.
- When the menu opens, click on the Settings icon.
- When the Settings menu appears click on More PC settings
- On the PC settings screen click on General
- Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files click on Get Started
- The PC will reset and when it comes back up Windows will be completely refreshed. Your personal data files such as music, photos and videos will be unaffected.