How to require a password when resuming from Sleep Mode in Windows 7
Description: This is a how-to article on the topic of setting Windows 7 to require a password when resuming from sleep mode. This would prevent unauthorized access to the computer. Note that a password must already be in place in order to require a password. If you need help creating a password, see our how-to article on that topic.
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen
- In the Search Programs and Files box, enter Power Options and select the
Power Options option at the top
- On the new window, select the Require a Password on Wakeup option in the top left
- If prompted, click on the Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable button
- Choose to either Require a Password or Don't Require a Password and click
Save Changes to complete
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.