How to change the Location to where Windows Media Player rips audio tracks
Description: By default, when Windows Media Player rips audio tracks from a CD, it will put the files in the user's Music Library. Sometimes, a user may wish for audio tracks to be ripped to a different location. This article will detail the steps required to accomplish this.
- Click the Start Button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click All Programs.
- Click Windows Media Player.
- Click Organize in the upper left corner of Windows Media Player.
- Click Options.
- Click the Rip Music tab.
- Under "Rip music to this location", click Change.
- Select the folder desired and click it.
- Once the selection is made, click OK.
- Notice the new folder's location is shown under "Rip music to this location".
- Click OK on the Options window.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.