How to keep your Wireless Device Enabled when the Computer Sleeps
Description: This document will show how to use a wireless device like a keyboard or mouse to wake your computer from sleep or hibernation.
- Open the device manager by going to the Start Menu and right clicking Computer and selecting the Manage option.
- On the left side column click Device Manager.
- In device manager locate Universal Serial Bus Controller and double click it.
- Several devices will now be displayed - locate all the ones that have the word Root in them.
- Right click each Root device and select Properties.
- Select the Power Management Tab.
- Remove the check mark for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and then click OK.
- Do this for each Root device and you will now be able to use your wireless mouse or keyboard to wake your computer from sleep or hibernation.