How to run a software update on an iPad without a computer. (iOS 5.x+)
Description: Starting with iOS 5, Apple made updating the iPad easier than ever.
- Navigate to the Settings app from the home screen.
- Touch the General tab, then touch the Software Update option.
- The iPad will then search for updates. If any are available, they will be listed here, as well as the information regarding what's included in the update.
- Touch Download and Install to install the software. The iPad will reboot multiple times. This is normal.
- Once the iPad restarts, it will be up-to-date.