How to change the Default Playback Device in Windows 7
Description: This article will show you how to change the default playback device in Windows 7. This is helpful for when you do not have external speakers or headphones and you do not get sound.
- At the bottom right of your Windows 7 taskbar right click the speaker icon.
- Select Playback devices from the list.
- On the new window that opens click the device you would like to hear audio from and select set default at the bottom of the window.
- The device will now have a green check mark meaning all audio will play through that device.
- Click OK to apply the new setting.
- Audio will now play through your new speakers or headphones.