How to disable the Auto-Complete Cache in Outlook 2003 and 2007
Description: Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007 have a feature called Email Address Auto Complete. When typing an email address into the TO:, CC: or BCC fields Outlook shows a list of matching email addresses from the auto-complete cache, that is to say email addresses that have been already used. This article describes how to disable this feature in Outlook 2003 and 2007.
- Click on the Tools menu and select Options.
- Click on the E-mail Options button.
- Click on the Advanced E-mail Options button.
- Uncheck the box called Suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields. Then click OK.
- Click OK again.
- Click OK one more time to close the Outlook Options dialog.