How to view the Windows Experience Index Score in Windows 7
Description: This article outlines the process of viewing the Windows Experience Index (WEI) score of your computer in Windows 7. The Windows Experience Index (WEI) is a system that is built into Windows 7 that allows a user to generate an at a glance assessment of the performance of key system components. The generated score will be on a scale of 1.0 to 7.9, with 1.0 being the lowest possible performance rating and 7.9 being the greatest.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Click on the Control Panel Link.
- Set the Control Panel to Large Icons View.
- Click on the Performance Information and Tools Link.
- Click on the Rate this computer Button to begin the assessment.
- Your Windows Experience Index base score will be shown upon completion as outlined in the image below.