How to uninstall Norton Antivirus Software
Description: If you would like to use another antivirus program and already have Norton installed you will want to remove it before starting the installation of the other program.
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- When the control panel opens, click Uninstall a program.
- Wait for the list of programs to load and then find Norton Internet Security, or whichever Norton antivirus product you have installed.
- Near the top of the window click Uninstall.
- Select to have all user data removed.
- Decline any additional tools and trials then click Next to uninstall.
- The uninstall will take a few moments to remove files.
- Once it finishes removing the files you will need to restart the computer. Click the Restart Now button.
- When the reboot is done Norton will be successfully uninstalled. You may be taken to a website for Norton products.