How to locate your missing iDevice
Description: This guide will help you locate your missing iCloud supported iPad/iPod/or iPhone.
- Open your web browser and go to http://www.icloud.com/
- Once at the website, carefully read to see if your iDevice is supported and then click the Sign In button.
- At the login page, provide your Apple ID and password. Once they are entered either press Enter or click on the Arrow Button to sign in. (If you do not have either one of these, visit https://appleid.apple.com to register for one.)
- Once logged into your account, click on the Find My iPhone icon.
- After clicking on this icon, you will be prompted to again provide your password for the Apple ID account. Once this is entered, click on the Sign In button.
- Now iCloud will attempt to show by location the missing iDevice. If Google Maps is enabled on the device, iCloud will show the GPS location of it. Please note your iDevice must be powered on and either connected to a WiFi network or a 3G network for this process to work.
- The highlighted - and + buttons at the top right will zoom in and out.
- The highlighted half circle at the top left hand side of the screen will refresh the page.
- Play Sound or Send Message. This option will Play a Sound on your device and send it a message of your choosing once Send is selected.
- Remote Lock. This option will prompt you for a 4 digit passcode to remotely lock the device. Click on the numbers to fill the passcode boxes. It will then again ask you to verify the password. Once this is verified, click on the Lock button to remotely lock the device.
- Remote Wipe. This option will remotely erase all the data on your device. This option is not recommended unless there is sensitive information on your device you do not wish for other people to see. Please read the warning message and then click Wipe to proceed.