HOW TO: Add a wireless printer in Windows 7
Description: This guide will show you how to manually add a wireless printer via Devices and Printers on Windows 7. Please be aware the printer must have already been setup correctly using the software cd. Also the computer must be connected to the wireless router before proceeding.
- Click on the Start button.
- After the Start menu opens, click Devices and Printers on the right-hand side Link.
- On the Devices and Printers page, click the Add Printer option at the top of the screen.
- On the new Add Printer pop-up, click on Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.
- On the Select a Printer window, make sure to select the name of your printer (printer should be high-lighted blue). This should also have an ip address (for example 10.0.0.2) below the Address tab. Then click Next
- On the next screen, please wait while Windows 7 installs the printer drivers. This may take some time depending on your computer speed and/or the internet connection speed.
- On the Type a Printer Name window, name the printer what you wish or leave the default one entered and then click Next.
- Finally, you should get a window that says You've successfully installed your printer name. Click Print a Test Page to make sure the printer works and then once verified, click on Finish.
- The process has been completed and the printer is now installed and ready to use.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.