HOW TO: Block Websites with ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 5
The information in this article refers to a previous version of ESET software. Both Micro Center and ESET recommend that you run the most current version of ESET software. Please see our technical support article How to update your ESET Program Engine to the Latest Version for assistance with updating your program. The information in the article below is provided as a convenience to those who may still have questions about the older version of the program.
Description: This article will show you how to block your browser from accessing specific websites using ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 5.
- Click on the Start Button.
- Click on All Programs.
- Scroll down to ESET.
- Click on ESET NOD32 Anti Virus.
- Once ESET has started click on Setup.
- Click on Enter Advanced Setup.
- On the Advanced Setup menu click on Web and email.
- Click on Web access protection.
- Click on URL address.
- At the drop down menu click on the down arrow.
- Select List of Blocked Addresses.
- Click on Add.
- In the box provided type in the URL of the website to be blocked, then click OK.
- At the Advanced Setup main screen click OK.
- At the main page in ESET click the red X in the corner to close the program.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Navigate to the website you blocked by typing the address in the address bar.
- You will now get a message stating Access denied.