How to quit a service using Activity Manager on a Mac
Description: This is a technical article intended to help with quitting a service using Activity Manager on a Mac. This information can be useful to close open applications or processes that don't need to be running.
- Close out of all open windows and programs on the machine, so only a blank desktop with icons remains.
- Click on the GO button at the top of the screen.
- In the drop down menu, select Utilities.
- In the Utilities menu, select Activity Monitor.
- Select the process to quit.
- Press the Quit Process at the top left of the window.
- Select Quit, and the process will be shut down.