How to skip the Windows 7 login screen
Description:This article describes how to skip the Windows 7 login screen.
- Normally in Windows 7, if there is only one user account and it does not have a password associated with it, Windows 7 will skip the login screen when booted up and go directly into Windows. However, this feature can be turned off and is sometimes turned off automatically by services such as Carbonite. To turn this back on, click the Start orb.
- In the Search programs and files box type netplwiz
- The executable will appear in the top of the Programs list. Click it.
- Uncheck Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
- Once the box is unchecked, click OK.
- Reboot the computer. Windows will now skip the login screen and boot directly to the desktop.