HOW TO: Connect an Android device to a wireless network
Description: Have a new Android device and need to connect it to your wireless network? Here's how.
- Verify the home screen is active by touching the Home button along the bottom of the screen, then touch the Menu button.
- A pop-up display will appear. Touch Settings in this menu.
- From here, look for Wireless and networks, and touch it. (Note: In this example, the device is an HTC phone running their Sense overlay, so it may look different, but the overall process is the same)
- Touch Wi-Fi Settings.
- If Wi-Fi is unchecked, it is off. Tap to turn it on. It will then display a list of available networks in range. Find the desired network and touch it.
- A pop up will appear with the network information. If a key is required, enter it here, then touch
- Once connected, a Wireless Icon will appear in the status bar along the top of the screen to signify a connection.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.