HOW TO: Enable URL (website) filtering on a Tenda Router
Description: At times it is necessary to block a particular website from the local network. This can be done at the router level by using URL filtering.
- On any computer that is already connected to the router, open a web browser. In the address bar at the top, type the
IP address of the router (the default for Tenda routers is
192.168.0.1) and press the enter key.
- This will open the Tenda login screen. Type the username and
password associated with the router and press OK. (the default username and password are both
- Click on Security Settings on the left column then on
- Check the Enable box
- This will open up the selections for the filtering.
- Check the Enable box just below Access Policy
- Choose if the website will be blocked from internet access or allowed internet access. This will normally be Disabled.
- Type in the Policy Name. In this example it is Facebook.
- Set the IP range - 2 to 254 will cover all the computers
- Type in the name of the website (URL) in this case
- Set the range of times this policy will apply.
- These are in 24 hour times starting at 0:0 for midnight and going to 11:55.
- Set the range of days this policy will apply.
- Click the Apply button and enter your username and password (admin / admin if default).
- Continue setting more policies if needed by returning to step 10.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.