How to disable the Broadcasting of the Wireless Network's SSID of a Tenda Router
Description: This article outlines the process of using the web interface of a Tenda router to disable the broadcasting of its wireless network's SSID.
Note: Disabling the SSID broadcast function of your router will prevent the network from showing up in the list of available networks found on most wireless devices. This can provide a layer of security against unauthorized use of your wireless network. It is important to keep in mind, however, that if you would like to connect an additional device to the wireless network after the SSID broadcast function has been disabled, you will need to manually configure your network information within the device's advanced network settings.
- Open a Web Browser.
- Type "192.168.0.1" (without the quotes) into the Address Bar.
- Press Enter.
- Type the Username and Password of the Router into the Dialog Box that appears. Note: The default username of Tenda routers is admin and the default password of Tenda routers is admin.
- Left click on the ‘OK’ Button.
- Left click on the ‘WLAN Settings’ Link.
- Select the ‘Disable’ Option for the Broadcast(SSID) Field.
- Left click on the ‘Apply’ Button to complete the process.