How to change the MTU Setting of a Tenda Router
Description: This article outlines the process of using the web interface of a Tenda router to change the value of its MTU setting.
Note: Modifying the MTU value on your router may impede its ability to communicate with your network. It is not recommended to modify the default MTU setting of your router unless explicitly instructed to do so by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or Network Administrator.
- Open a Web Browser.
- Type "192.168.0.1" (without the quotes) into the Address Bar.
- Press Enter.
- Type the Username and Password of the Router into the Dialog Box that appears. Note: The default username of Tenda routers is admin and the default password of Tenda routers is admin.
- Left click on the ‘OK’ Button.
- Left click on the ‘Advanced Settings’ Link.
- Left click on the ‘WAN Settings’ Link.
- Type the desired MTU value into the ‘MTU’ Field.
- Left click on the ‘Apply’ Button to complete the process.