How to set up client filters on a Tenda Router
Description: Client Filters allow time of day access to the internet by specific computers or a range of computers.
- On any computer that is already connected to the router, open a web browser. In the address bar at the top, type the IP address of the router (the default for Tenda routers is 192.168.0.1) and press the enter key.
- This will open the Tenda login screen. Type the username and password associated with the router and press OK. (the default username and password are both admin).
- On the left column click on Security Settings then Client Filter.
- Click on the Client Filter Settings check box in the middle.
- Several Access policies can be set and the first one is named 1.
- Check the Enable box to enable policy #1.
- Next choose the filtering mode.
- Disable means that access to the internet will NOT be allowed during the hours and days set below.
- Enable means that access to the internet will ONLY be allowed during the hours and days set below.
- For example, if a business only wants the employees to access the internet during business hours but not during their lunch break, 5 policies can be set. Assuming Business hours from 8 to 5 with a one hour lunch at 12:00 noon. Policy 1 would ENABLE access from 8AM to 12PM. Policy 2 would DISABLE access from 12 PM to 1 PM. Policy 3 Would ENABLE access from 1PM to 5PM. Policy 4 would DISABLE access from 17:00 (5PM) to 23:55 (11:55 pm). Policy 5 would DISABLE access from 0:0 to 8:00 am.
- For the whole range use 1 to 9999.
- Specific ports such as web browsing at Port 80 can be excluded or included according to the policy.
- Note that times only run between Midnight 0:0 and 23:55 pm. A single policy cannot cross over midnight.
- You may be asked to enter the router username and password again - admin / admin is the default.