How to change the DNS Settings on a Tenda Router
Description: DNS (Domain Name Service) is normally given to the router by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) but it can be changed to a different service. Here is how to do that in a Tenda Router.
- On any computer that is already connected to the router, open a web browser. In the
address bar at the top, type the IP address of the router (the default for Tenda routers is
192.168.0.1) and press the enter key.
- This will open the Tenda login screen. Type the username and password associated with the router and press OK. (the default username and password are both admin)
- Click on Advanced Settings then on DNS settings
- In the middle, click on the check box to the right of DNS settings
- Then click in the box for the Primary DNS and erase what is there. Do the same for the
- Enter the new DNS Address from your service provider.
- If you only have one DNS address, then enter that in the Primary DNS address and leave the Secondary blank.
- Click Apply
- If asked, re-enter the username and password for the router
- admin / admin is the default for Tenda Routers.
- The DNS is now changed and saved.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.