How to update the firmware on a Tenda router
Description: This article describes how to update the firmware on a Tenda router.
- Download the latest firmware for the router in question from Tenda's website at http://www.tenda.cn. It should be saved in an easy to remember location.
- Do not upgrade with a computer that is connected wirelessly. The computer should be hard wired into the router with a network cable.
- Do not power down the device during the upgrade process.
- Be aware that this process usually erases all settings, including the password.
- On any computer that is already connected to the router, open a web browser. In the address bar at the top, type the IP address of the router (the default for Tenda routers is 192.168.0.1) and press the enter key.
- This will open the Tenda login screen. Type the username and
password associated with the router and press OK. (the default username and password are both
- On the left bar click on System Tools and then click on
- Click the Browse button and browse to the saved
firmware update file (usually a .bin file).
- Click the Upgrade button.