HOW TO: Troubleshoot Tenda W311U Wireless Adapter will not connect to network
Description: This tutorial will address common connectivity issues with the Tenda W311U wireless adapter.
- On the keyboard, hold the Windows Key and type the letter R.
- This will display the Run dialog box. In the box, type
msconfig and hit enter.
- Click the Services tab along the top, then scroll to the bottom and look for any running services labeled Tenda or W311U (Note: This differs depending on model, software version, etc). It may also be labeled as Wireless Network Configuration and the manufacturer is Unknown
- Once the proper services are located, uncheck the box to the left to disable it. Once disabled, click Apply in the bottom right.
- Now, select the Startup tab along the top, and the repeat the same process as above.
- Restart the computer.
- Once the machine powers back up, open Component Services by holding the
Windows Key and typing R, then type
services.msc into the box and hit enter.
- Scroll to the bottom and look for the Windows Wireless Service (in XP, it will be named
Wireless Zero Config and in Vista/7, it is called
- Right-Click on the Windows Wireless Service and click
Start. Now, use the Windows Wireless Utility to connect to the network.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.