How to set up a Tenda W311U wireless adapter on Mac OS X 10.3-10.6
Description: Installing the Tenda W311U wireless adapter to the Mac operating system is a simple process.
- The first step is to download the drivers to allow the device to work properly on a Mac. Those drivers can be located here.
- Once downloaded, click on the file in the Downloads folder listed on the dock to begin the installation.
- Click on the file to begin the unzipping process. Once completed, the icon will become a .img file; an extension Macs can recognize.
- Choose the folder corresponding to the version of OS X currently installed. (ie: Snow Leopard is 10.6, Leopard is 10.5, etc).
- Choose the second installer package in this list to begin the install.
- Follow through the installation. Once completed, the computer will need to be restarted.
- Once the machine powers back up, plug in the USB adapter and open System Preferences-Network.
- The network preferences will display that a new device has been found. Click OK to exit this box and the Tenda wireless utility will appear.
- Choose any network from the list to connect to it. The Mac is now successfully configured for wireless use.