How to reinstall a Device in Windows 7 through Device Manager
Description: The following article describes how to reinstall a device in Windows 7 Device Manager. This can be useful when experiencing problems with certain devices such as a Network Adapter or Sound Card.
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Right click on Computer and select Manage.
- In the left pane in Computer Management, click Device Manager.
- Expand the heading for the device category.
- Right click on the device to be reinstalled and select Uninstall.
- Click OK on the confirmation message that appears.
- After the device uninstalls, restart the computer. The device will automatically reinstall when Windows starts up.