How to manually reset the TCP/IP Stack in Windows 7
When a computer is having difficulty connecting to a network and getting internet access, it is sometimes necessary to reset the TCP/IP stack. This guide will show how to manually reset the TCP/IP stack in Windows 7.
- Click Start.
- Type CMD in the Search Programs and Files field.
- Right click on the program titled CMD and select Run As Administrator.
- Within the command prompt window type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt.
- Press Enter to reset the TCP/IP stack.
- Note: you may receive a slightly different message than that which is shown.