How to disable Hibernate in Windows 7 Command Prompt
Description: The following process disables the Hibernate feature in Windows 7. Once disabled, Hibernate will no longer appear in the advanced Sleep settings. Note: You must run the command as an administrator, if you do not, you will receive the error: "You do not have permission to enable or disable the Hibernate feature."
Open a command prompt using the RUN method:
- Click Start.
- Type cmd in the Open: box and click OK.
- At the C: prompt, type powercfg.exe -h off
Open a command prompt from the Start Menu:
- Click Start, All Programs, Accessories.
- Right click on "Command Prompt" and select Run as Administrator.
- At the C: prompt, type powercfg.exe -h off.