HOW TO: Set up a Passcode Lock on an iPad
This article will describe how to setup a passcode lock on an iPad. This is an excellent idea that will keep personal data out of the hands of others in the event that an iPad is lost or stolen.
- Go into the iPad Settings by selecting the Settings icon.
- Select the General option.
- Scroll down in order to tap on Passcode Lock.
- The default passcode is four digits. To use an alphanumeric passcode, slide the Simple Passcode switch to the Off position.
- Select Turn Passcode On.
- Now enter a passcode.
- Re-type the passcode to confirm.
- Set Require Passcode to the desired time. This is the amount of idle time before the iPad will require a passcode again.
All personal data is now protected!