HOW TO: Create a Restore Point in Windows 7
How to Create a Restore Point in Windows 7
Description: How to create a system restore point outside of the windows automatic update system. This is for a user with a medium level of knowledge about Windows 7. Before making changes to a computer or installing new hardware, making a new restore point will help to return the computer to its former working state (if there are problems). Follow the steps below.
- Click on Start
- In the "search programs and files" field......
- Type "restore point"
- Choose "create a restore point" from the top of the list.
- You will see the following pop up window. Click on the Create button.
- Enter a name for the restore point – like Installed WOW and click on the
- You will see a progress bar
- When this is finished you will see a finish box showing the restore point was created. Click the
close button to close this.
For more assistance contact Technical Support here.