How to add a Keyboard Shortcut to change the input language in Mac OS X
Description: This article will show how to add a keyboard shortcut to change the input language to Mac OS X. This would be useful if you need to type in any language other than English.
- Close any open programs on the Mac.
- Click on the Apple Icon in the top left corner of the screen, then choose System Preferences.
- On the new System Preferences window, choose Keyboard
- At the top of the Keyboard window, choose Keyboard Shortcuts
- On the left, choose Keyboard & Text Input
- In the middle, check the box next to Select the previous input source.
- Note that a caution symbol will appear, and a message notifying you that there are conflicts. To resolve these conflicts, click on the Spotlight group on the left, or whichever group has the yellow caution symbol.
- In the middle, verify that the item with the caution symbol is not used regularly and then uncheck the box to resolve the conflict.
- Once that is done the conflict is shown as resolved, and the corresponding keyboard combination can be used to change keyboard input languages.