How to schedule a Scan in ESET Antivirus Version 5
The information in this article refers to a previous version of ESET. It is recommended that you run the most current version of ESET. Please see our tech article How to update your ESET Program to the Latest Version for assistance with updating your program. The information in the article below is provided as a convenience to those who may still have questions about the older version of the program.Description: ESET software has the ability to be scheduled to perform a scan on a regularly basis on your computer. ESET has the ability to schedule a scan daily, weekly, monthly, or just once. This how-to guide will show you how to schedule an ESET scan.
- Open the ESET software by clicking Start, All Programs, ESET Folder, ESET NOD32 Antivirus folder, ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- Click on Tools on the menu, click on the Scheduler link.
- Click on the add button.
- Click on the down arrow and select Computer Scan, click on Next.
- Give the task a name, for this example the name Nightly Scan is typed in.
- Select the frequency you want the scan to run, for this example Daily was selected. Click on Next.
- Select a time the scan will run, and click on Next.
- Select Wait until the next scheduled time, click on Next.
- The Add task window will confirm all the settings, click on Finish.
Now a scheduled task has been created and will run a scan at night on a daily basis.