HOW TO: Set Up a Tenda Router as a Repeater
How to Set Up a Tenda Router as a Repeater
This guide shows you how to setup a Tenda router as a repeater. These instructions require that you already have a working Tenda router. If you don't have your Tenda router configured, consult the Tenda documentation on setup. For the purpose of these instructions, the router that is hooked up to the modem will be identified as "Router 1", and the second router will be identified as "Router 2" which will be setup as the repeater. Before starting, you need to have a wired connection to both routers using a computer and any available yellow port.
- Connect the computer to Router 2 using an Ethernet cable. Go from the computer to the yellow port on the router.
- Once connected, open your web browser and type in the address bar "192.168.0.1". Press Enter.
- You will be prompted for a username and password unless they have been changed from the default. The default username and password is "admin" without quotes.
- Under SSID, change Tenda to Tenda 1 to identify it as Router 1.
IMPORTANT: Make note of which channel the router is using. Both routers need to be using the same channel. You can change the channel by using the drop down menu and clicking Apply to save the change.
- Click on WLAN settings from the menu on the left side. The sub categories will be revealed. Click on WDS Settings.
- In the WDS settings menu, select Lazy Mode from the drop down menu. Click Apply.
- Next, configure the existing router that is currently connected to the modem. Start by connecting the computer to the router using any available yellow port. Open up a new web page and type in "192.168.0.1" in the address bar. Use the term "admin" for the username and password.
- Select WLAN Settings, then WDS Settings. Select Repeater from the drop down menu.
- Choose Open Scan. All of the available routers in your local area will be displayed. Select Tenda 1 router, then click Apply. The router will reboot. Once it reboots, the MAC address from the second router will be displayed.