How to uninstall a McAfee Security Product from Windows 7
This article details how to remove a McAfee security product from a desktop or laptop running Windows 7. This is useful when installing a new Antivirus program or upgrading the McAfee software.
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click on Control Panel on the right side of the screen.
- In the Control Panel, choose Uninstall a Program or Programs and Features.
- In the Search box in the top right corner of the window, type McAfee without the quotes and wait a moment as it registers the search results.
- Once all McAfee products are displayed, right click on the item to be removed and choose Uninstall or, if unavailable, choose Change / Remove
- Choose to remove all security programs and click Next to proceed with uninstall.
- Once finished, restart the computer and install the new antivirus program.