HOW TO: Care for your Printer
General environmental considerations:
- Keep dust and litter away from the printer.
- Keep liquids away from the printer.
- Do not place objects on the printer.
- To clean the printer, wipe the outside with a clean, dry cloth.
- Keep printer supplies out of direct sunlight or high temperature areas.
- Clean the body of the printer with clean dry cloth. Smudges can be removed with a soft cloth or sponge dampened with mild soap and water.
- Do not get water into the buttons or switches.
- Clean the scanner glass using a soft cloth or sponge dampened with non-abrasive glass cleaner.
- Do not apply glass cleaner directly to the scanner glass.
- Dry the glass with a lint free cloth.
- Clean the document backing (scanner lid on the inside) with a soft cloth or sponge dampened with mild soap and water.
- It is not recommended that you use paper based cleaning products on the backing due to the risk of scratches.
- If the document backing cannot be cleaned with mild soap and water you may be able to use isopropyl alcohol to remove stubborn dirt. Then use mild soap and water to remove the alcohol residue.
- Dry the document backing with a lint free cloth.