Like its predecessor, the black H1n Handy Recorder from Zoom is an easy-to-use, versatile stereo digital audio recorder that fits into the palm of your hand. However, in this iteration, Zoom has incorporated several features to make operation even simpler.
A Versatile Stereo Digital Audio Recorder
Creators everywhere are using Zoom Handy Recorders to capture sound and sample audio like never before. The new H1n is the ultimate take-anywhere recorder for every creator’s gear bag. The easy-to-use H1n Handy Recorder from Zoom lets you get super creative, capturing anudio anywhere because it fits into the palm of your hand.
Some Features at a Glance
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones in 90° X/Y stereo format
- Playback Speed Control, Voice Emphasize Filter, and Stereo overdubbing functions
- Auto-Record, Pre-Record, and Self-Timer functions
- Test Tone and Slate Tone generator for filmmaking use with DSLR and video cameras
- Records directly to microSD and microSDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Runs up to 10 hours on 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
Zoom Your Audio Anywhere and Everywhere
The H1n's X/Y microphones capture high-quality stereo sound, supporting up to 24-bit audio at sampling rates of 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz in WAV and various MP3 formats.
With the H1n, the user experience is redesigned. One-touch button controls make it simple to record songs, audio-for-film, lectures, podcasting, and more. And its new monochromatic 1.25” LCD display is easy to read even in the brightest lighting conditions.
Distortion Free Recording
An advanced onboard limiter offers distortion-free signal up to 120 dB SPL, cleanly recording the loudest of sounds. A low-cut filter also helps eliminate pops and unwanted low frequency rumble.
The overdub function lets you add layers of audio, allowing for richer and fuller sounding recordings.
Connections You Need
An 1/4" stereo mic/line input lets you record with your external microphones or other sound sources, and supplies plug-in power (2.5 volts). Connect headphones via the 1/8" headphones output with dedicated volume control. You can also use the H1n’s built-in speaker to listen to your recordings.